Today I’ll be sharing the recipe of an all time food favorite of mine: Jollof Spaghetti.
Right from time, I’ve not really been a big fan of spaghetti and sauce. I’ve always preferred the Jollof spaghetti. It’s a food obsession of mine. Whenever I have to make spaghetti, I always end up making Jollof Spaghetti. That’s just how much I love it.
So today I’m going to share with you how I make my Jollof Spaghetti. It’s super easy to make, very tasty and doesn’t take long to prepare. At most 40 minutes and your Jollof Spaghetti is ready.
So… For your Jollof Spaghetti, here’s what you need, and how you make it:
- A pack of spaghetti
- Tomato paste
- Vegetable oil
- Pepper (fresh or dried. I personally prefer the fresh pepper)
- Spices (preferred one)
- Minced beef or chicken
- Meat or chicken stock (optional)
- Mixed vegetables (carrots, green peas and any other garnishing you want)
- Salt to taste
How to make it
- Put your spaghetti in a pot of water and boil till your spaghetti is a little bit soft and drain
- Put your vegetable oil in a pan and heat it
- Add your sliced onion and fresh pepper to the oil
- Add your tomato paste and stir
- Add your mixed vegetables and allow to fry for a few minutes
- Add salt, curry, thyme and spices to desired taste and stir for a few minutes
- Pour the sauce into the pot of spaghetti and mix it very well
- Add your stock and a little bit of water and leave to cook while stirring occasionally
- Add the minced beef or chicken and taste to know if the salt and spices are to your desired taste. If it’s not, add more.
- Leave on till its cooked perfectly and your Jollof spaghetti is ready to eat.
Your spaghetti should look like this…
So there you have it. The recipe to the most awesome Jollof spaghetti. This is a food that a lot of Nigerians love and it’s very easy to see why.
Jollof spaghetti is very tasty. It’s a mix between Jollof rice taste and that of spaghetti and I absolutely love it all day, everyday.
If you haven’t had it before, you should definitely try it out as soon as possible. I promise you won’t regret it.
So what do you think of this recipe? Did you find it helpful? Ever had Jollof spaghetti before? Please share your recipe with us😃.
Please don’t forget to like, follow and subscribe to this blog to get updates directly to your inbox. Love you ♥️.